Politics

Entertainment

Life Style

Deschanel 'Horrified' By Accidental Beauty Pageant

Actress Zooey Deschanel was mortified after accidentally entering a beauty pageant when she was a teenager.
The New Girl star thought she had signed up for a talent showcase but was "horrified" after misunderstanding the nature of the competition.
She tells Britain's Company magazine, "At 14 I accidentally entered a beauty pageant. It was basically all the trappings of a beauty pageant, without the swimsuit round! You had to do a big musical opening number and answer the sort of questions they ask in beauty pageants, about charity.
I was horrified when I realised what it wasZooey Deschanel
"I was horrified when I realised what it was. I thought I was entering a talent contest - a pageant was not cool!"
Despite not wanting to win the crown, Deschanel refused to bow out of the running, adding, "I'm not a quitter, so I stuck it out, and my mum andsister laughed at me the entire time. I didn't win. A girl who played the viola did".

source: Female First uk

0 comments

Post a Comment